This piece is from the webinar I attended. It’s all planned by Allah (God) when to learn and what to learn. I had heard one of our professors questioning why do we fast. She is a Muslim, but after so many years gap she has started, restarted fasting, rather. So, she obviously was finding it hard but Al-hamdu Lillah (all Praise and Thanks be to Allah) she has started doing an action that is between her and her Rabb (Lord). Because of my love for her, I really wanted to find an answer for her question and I searched the internet, nothing I could absorb. Allah knows that I didn’t learn from my own search, so Allah decided that I attend iERA’s MuslimNow webinar that is designed specifically for New Muslims, but I go there too.
And,now I canconnect what I learnt in the class. We fast because Allah first raises our status from being nothing worthy of mention to a believer and then Allah tells us that fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those who came before you. So there is nothing to worry about, it is something you can do it. Then Allah tells us the reason we fast is: So that we have taqwah. And where does taqwah reside? It’s in the heart. So we need to learn the matters of heart and were taught that there is a hole in our heart, if it is not filled with love for Allah, then holes will keep appearing. And, it’s only when we love Allah, then we do everything that Allah loves and is pleased with. It’s only when we love Allah, we remember HIm, subhanahu wa ta’ala, with much remembrance and disobeying HIm causes distress.
Then we planned:
- establish salah, meaning pray as soon as we hear the call to prayer.
- don’t miss the sunnah prayer even if we don’t feel anything, we pray out of love for Allah
- do dhikr, spend quality time mentioning Allah after each salah and dont’ miss the morning and evening words of remembrance. we don’t have machine gun kinda dhikr like subhanaAllah subhanaAllah…. but think of what we are saying and mean it!!
- be generous
- repent as soon as we commit sin, don’t lose hope
- don’t neglect the consistent sunnah which is to enjoin the good and forbid the evil, because if we don’t do that, then we’ll be called to evil.
- be kind to parents, specially mother because we know stories of people who were raised to high status because they were taking care of their mother (take story of neighbour of Musa, alayhi sallam, in Paradise!!)
We do all of these actions out of love for Allah!!!
May Allah accept from all of us and help us die when our Iman is perfected!!
Note please, it’s upto us to plan more, I have included some of the strategies by myself! Don’t forget to learn more how to have control over heart and purify soul…most recommended book on purifcation of the soul is by respected teacher Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (I plan to go through it and ask you to do the same). And, Allah is the one who plans and final decision of each matter rests on HIm, if I find anything more related to the matters of heart and soul, I will definitely share.
Page 1 of 333